Thursday, April 14, 2011

Back to Blogging

I believe my blogging rampage had stopped for almost two years now.  Why?  It's not that I didn't have any time to do them anymore.  In fact I had plenty of time to blog if I wanted to.  I was out of a job for a few months and wasn't in school.  So you would think that being the writer that I am, I would have blogged constantly in my spare time.  This was not the case, though.  I had put my blogging on a hiatus because I didn't feel the drive anymore.  I was depressed and unmotivated.  I had just gone through a divorce and was left without anyone to stand by my side.  And after 8 years of being with someone, that loneliness doesn't really do a person much good.  It's not as liberating as the movies play it out to be.  At least it wasn't for me.  And I don't want to call myself a dependent because I am able to survive on my own...financially anyway.  But without support, one tends to lose their drive in life.  And I was seeing myself fall down that path.  I did have family, but they had their own problems and I couldn't ask for them to give me the emotional support that I needed to continue to be successful in life.  And then it happened.  I found someone who would give me that strength I needed.  He turned out to be my best friend in life and he is now the one I call my husband.

Yes, I got married a second time, but this time I was smarter.  I didn't make our wedding day about me, or about catering to our guests by spending thousands of dollars.  I made our wedding day about us and our new commitment to each other.  So we got married by the J.P. and had our "reception" at Kincaid's.  His family was there and my dad was able to make it.  It was a nice little ceremony and everyone had a good time.  And what's the best part?  I was able to remember everything!  With my first wedding it was so jam packed with people.  We had to take hundreds of photos.  We had to greet everyone at the reception.  We did the whole feed each other cake routine and our first dance.  By the time I was ready to eat, it was time to leave.  I barely remember who was there, not to mention I didn't get to have any dinner.  This time, we didn't do any of that.  We just invited close friends and family to watch us say our "I Do's" in front of the J.P. and ate a somewhat dry hamburger from Kincaid's.  And it was better than my first wedding day.

So what's in store for me now?  Well, back to writing my blogs and letting the world know what I think, feel, and observe.  This means posting news that I find interesting, life events that I feel I need to write about, or maybe some useless facts that people might get a kick out of.  In any case, it feels good to be blogging again. Who knows, I might even write about you!

No comments:

Post a Comment